bzr-tiplog in a local branch

Brian de Alwis briandealwis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 15:04:57 UTC 2011

On 29-Sep-2011, at 4:15 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>> And
>>> why don't I see this revision, which was also my commit (after merging
>>> from the local branch whose tiplog I've shown before):
>>>
>>> 105957: Eli Zaretskii 2011-09-29 [merge] Fix the MSDOS build due to recent c...
>>>
>>> I guess I'm trying to match the status shown in brackets with what I
>>> did when the corresponding revision appeared on my branch, and create
>>> some mental model of what will the tiplog show me and what it won't.
>>
>> Was 105957 perhaps made with 'commit --local'?
>
> No.  It was a merge from a local branch to a bound branch, followed by
> a commit from the bound branch to its (remote) parent.

I've made some changes to handle bound branches.  Basically tiplog was only recording changes to the master branch (the bound-to branch), which would be ignored if it was a remote branch.  Tiplog now logs the changes to both the local and master branches.

I've also addressed your other issues too.  Give it a whirl and please let me know if you find any other issues.

Brian.