Obsoleting Karmic from the last of the PPAs

Max Bowsher _ at maxb.eu
Sat Aug 20 17:50:39 UTC 2011

We already stopped building for Karmic in the daily PPA some time ago.

I proposed cessation of karmic support in the beta PPA back in May, to
no objections:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar/2011q2/072668.html

(though I didn't actually follow through on removing karmic from the
beta PPA at that time - I'm going to do it now)

Karmic is now nearly 4 months past EOL, so I think it's time to make the
call to obsolete it from the main "ppa" PPA too at this point.

Trusting that this is a pretty obvious decision at this point, and as it
is easily revertible (by copying back from the obsolete PPA), I'm just
going to do it. Please let me know if you feel this was in any way
precipitous :-)

Max.