babune is now able to run -proposed for SRUs

vila v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Fri Jul 22 11:44:33 UTC 2011

    >> > I like that we're running the test suite, but it doesn't feel quite
    >> > right. My thoughts:
    >>
    >> > 1) Aren't we running the test suite as part of building the
    >> > package? So any given revision in natty-proposed has *already*
    >> > passed the test suite on natty.
    >>
    >> The test suite during the build runs against the built version, this job
    >> runs against an installed version, different contexts.

    > So there is some benefit, though I wonder about running every 24-hrs.
    > Certainly it only needs to be run when something changes? Which is
    > approx 1/month at most.

<poolie> also, could we get them to run every 24h or so?
<vila> poolie: what would be the point ?
<vila> if we want to automate, I can look into checking the package version
<poolie> well, it means there's a fair chance there will be something up to date when i go to look at it
<poolie> rather than there being a guarantee i need to ask for a new build
<poolie> also, it's probably easier than scripting it?
<vila> hmm
<vila> right, let's start with every 24h

    >> > 2) Development isn't being done in a "-proposed" branch. AIUI, it
    >> > shouldn't get into the -proposed branch until we've released a
    >> > stable version. Which means the testing should be done on our
    >> > stable branches (which I think you're already doing).
    >>
    >> The job doesn't run against a branch, it runs against the -proposed
    >> repository.

    > I understood that. The main difference is that it runs against installed
    > vs recently built.

    > Also, does it start from a scratch Natty or does it just overwrite
    > the previous install?

it overrides for now, the plan is to get closer to a really fresh
install when time permits or it becomes necessary.

    > I'm thinking we'll probably miss install dependency issues if we
    > just overwrite.

I trust apt there do you have a specific case in mind that apt won't
cover ?

        Vincent