Patch Pilot 12 July

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Jul 19 07:24:17 UTC 2011

On 18 July 2011 20:39, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Me and JAM did some patch pilot reviews last week.
>
> (Is there a good way to track these after the time?  This is all I
> found in my e-mail archives but I suspect it's missing a couple.)

Well, you can look back at https://code.launchpad.net/bzr/+merges to
see what was merged/touched recently, which should give you a clue.

I see  Ubuntu does it, but I don't think listing every patch you
touched is really necessary worthwhile.  If you want to prove you did
some work ;) you can just say you helped with half a dozen patches or
whatever.

I think the interesting bits from the report are:
 * that we did it at all, which is worth having visible
 * if you accomplished something big by all means mention it, like
finishing off a lot of patches
 * if other people need to be reminded to finish something up, like in
this case apparently me :) then that's worth mentioning, and in fact
more prominent if you don't list a lot of no-news-is-good-news items

Martin