what should be done to merge nested trees patch to bzr-core?

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 21:35:43 UTC 2011

On 14 June 2011 11:37, Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> wrote:
> I've been thinking about nested trees design and implementation since we've
> talked about it last year at Bazaar sprint at La-Hulpe with Marius Kruger. I
> have some new information about scmproj usage and my thoughts about how I
> see nested trees, and I want to share that with the list.
>
> I also have questions about Aaron's nested trees design, but the most
> interesting for me: what is blocked this proposal?
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~abentley/bzr/nested-trees-composite-tree/+merge/6264

Thanks for raising this.
I sort of gave up on this since I'm only a mortal with a day job (and
a new baby since Feb), although I still dream about it.
I read Aaron the rockstar's documentation and his implementation
seemed really complete to me.
The feedback I got at that sprint was that we really need a proof of
concept in a plugin even if it has its own experimental format and
experimental commands and additional hooks.
People are concerned about performance and other impacts.

--
<>< Marius ><>