Commit extremely slow

Kape erlend.sobec at gmail.com
Thu May 26 12:36:23 UTC 2011

Yes, it's bound to a remote repository on a remote server, not local network.
And no, I'm not on dialup but on cable.  The slowdown doesn't seem to be
from uploading to the remote server.  I was looking at the network traffic
and it was only being used in bursts every 5 minutes or so.  When it was
using the network it was relatively fast, 800kB/s or so.

It did happen that it was the 10th commit, so that explains the repacking.
I'm also using bzr over sftp so that further explains the slow down.  The
remote repo is actually hosted on Hostmonster, so I think my local computer
is probably faster anyway.  I set it up this way because I'm working on the
same code with someone else and it's simpler to have a single repo that is
accessible by both of us remotely.  I don't think I can use bzr+ssh with
Hostmonster but now that I've passed the 10th commit, I have another 90
commits until another 2 hour long commit.  I can live with that as long as
it's not every single time.  I did the first commit, which took long as
expected, but all other commits were done by the other person.  So when I
did one commit, which happened to be the 10th, I was afraid they would all
take this long.

Anyway, thanks for your help.