[RFC] I want to disable submit_branch on my computer for all branches. How can I do that?

vila v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Thu May 12 20:43:39 UTC 2011

<snip/>

    >> > So, as a matter of backward compatibility I don't think
    >> > submit_branch can be removed at all. But I can't prevent merge to
    >> > store the location to branch.conf even if I use --no-remember
    >> > command-line option,
    >>
    >> Should be fixed.

    > You can say that, but it's doing exactly what you'd expect: --remember
    > overrides the default behaviour,

Err, --remember , to me, means takes this new setting as the one you
should remember.

If I don't use it, it just keeps the old one and don't try to remember
the one I'm using now.

So --no-remember should just use the setting without remembering
it.

    > so --no-remember restores the default behaviour.

hehe, right, I see.

You mean that the default behaviour is to remember if nothing is set :)

But frankly, this is rather surprising no ? --no-remember still
remembers when nothing has been remembered before...

You're really trying to trigger my Alzheimer aren't you ?

Looks like we can't put more than two values into a boolean are we ?

Let's see:

no exiting setting:
* default: current setting is stored,
* --remember: current setting is stored,
* --no-remember: current setting is not stored

existing setting:
* default: current setting is *not* stored,
* --remember: current setting is stored
* --no-remember: current setting is not stored

Yes, I cheated, I used None, True, False, thanks python :)

Does that work for you ?

       Vincent