bzr memory usage

Eric Siegerman lists08-bzr at davor.org
Wed May 4 14:10:22 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 13:28 +0300, Dimitrios Apostolou wrote:
> In my case I'd like to be able to run just a few bzr commands, but for
now
> even being able to download the tree would be a huge improvement,
> actually it would make bzr usable for me.

Try the tarball kludge, but include .bzr in the tarball.  Once
you've got the bulk of the data onto your low-memory machine, you
might find that subsequent bzr operations are a *lot* less
resource-hungry than is the full initial branch/checkout.

Actually, I know that -- absent your memory restrictions -- the
performance is fine on subsequent operations (there was a thread [1]
about this not too long ago re. emacs); I'd be curious to learn
whether the memory footprint also becomes acceptable.

[1]
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.bazaar-ng.general/70861/focus=70922

  - Eric