[rfc] bzr-colo into core

John Szakmeister john at szakmeister.net
Wed Mar 30 10:27:08 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 5:52 AM, John Arbash Meinel
<john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
[snip]
> I know Aaron has mentioned that in his layout, he might move the working
> tree, but he is unlikely to move the repository, so absolute paths
> actually work better for him.  I do wonder what the breakpoint is.
>
> IMO, it is pretty clear for colo. If the branch is a subdirectory of the
> tree root, then use a relative path. If the branch is outside, then *I*
> would say, if it is within 1 or 2 '..' then use relative path. Otherwise
> use absolute path.

That might be a reasonable alternative.  Although, it does add an
extra edge for the user to keep in mind.  You can never be sure that
if you move everything whether or not it'll all continue to work,
unless you check and see whether it's using relative or absolute
paths. :-(

[snip]
> So in the immediate term, I think it would be good to at least warn, and
> possibly forbid deleting the active branch with 'rmbranch'. And if
> people want it, --force could certainly be implemented.

I would go with forbid.  It seems like a mistake to delete a branch
out from under yourself.

-John