[rfc] bzr-colo into core

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Wed Mar 23 13:36:09 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 08:44:10AM -0400 I heard the voice of
Gordon Tyler, and lo! it spake thus:

> So how about this: `bzr branch URL [DIR]` will create a colo repo if
> there is no shared repo in a parent dir. If URL contains a colo
> repo, all branches would be cloned.

Fundamental to my conception is that

1) it's not a 'colo repo', it's a 'colo thing'.  Considering it as a
   type of branch or repo messes everything up, and

2) you no longer create "standalone"[0] branches, you only create
   colo- thing's.  But a colo-thing with only one branch in it is
   functionally interchangeable with a current-day "standalone"
   branch.

[0] Not to be read as the current bzr term-of-art 'standalone branch'
    for branch-with-internal-repo, just as "MetaDir1 with a branch".

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net