How to install Python modules needed by plugins?

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Tue Mar 8 18:51:41 UTC 2011

> Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 14:14:18 +0100
> From: John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com>
> CC: Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org>, bazaar at lists.canonical.com
>
> > The plugin is indeed included, but python-fastimport is not, at least
> > not in bzr 2.3.0.  Which is quite strange, actually: why bundle a
> > plugin and then render it non-functional by omitting its dependency?
> >

> It didn't used to require the library. Jelmer split out some code from
> bzr-fastimport into python-fastimport, and the packagers didn't notice
> right away.
>
> He just submitted a patch to include it again.

Thanks, I hope to see it soon in a bzr version near me.

Until then, I'd still would like to know how to install extra Python
modules required by bzr plugins.  Not just because of fastimport
(although I really need to be able to use it soon, for a real
project), but also because I wanted one of these days to try bzr-git,
which needs dulwich, AFAIU.

Could someone who knows how to do this on Windows please chime in?

TIA