Bazaar 2.3.0 cannot use external diff/merge program

A. S. Budden abudden at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 07:58:53 UTC 2011

On 3 March 2011 23:23, Niben M Singh <niben_s at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All -
> I upgraded my Bazaar to version 2.3.0 last week and since then I have not
> been able to connect to external diff/merge applications like WinMerge or
> BeyondCompare. Am I missing anything? I would appreciate any help.
> My workstation has Win 7 64 bit. Here is the error I get when I try to
> connect to external diff applications -
> Run command: bzr diff --using ""C:\Program Files
> (x86)\WinMerge\WinMergeU.exe"" C:\...
>
> Unable to load plugin u'rebase'. It requested API version (2, 1, 0) of
> module <module 'bzrlib' from 'C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Bazaar\lib\library.zip\bzrlib\__init__.pyo'> but the minimum exported
> version is (2, 3, 0), and the maximum is (2, 3, 0)

I had this problem after a relatively recent upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2
on a Windows machine.  It seems that the "rebase" plugin has been
renamed to (or possibly merged into) the "rewrite" plugin and when you
upgrade Bazaar with the Windows installer, it doesn't remove the old
plugin.  As a result, you have the rebase functionality provided by
the rewrite plugin and an old plugin that hasn't been touched and
still expects Bazaar 2.1 to be present.

A simple workaround is to delete the c:\Program
Files\Bazaar\plugins\rebase directory.  However, I don't know anything
about the sql file error: that looks like a different problem.

Al