Adopting loggerhead

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Feb 8 00:44:17 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Robert Collins
<robert.collins at canonical.com> wrote:
> Implementation wise:
>  - We're going to move Loggerhead from the Bazaar project group to the
> launchpad-project group on Launchpad. This is due to a Launchpad
> limitation - ideally we'd just add it to the launchpad-project group
> and have it participate in both. The reason this limitation matters is
> that if the project is not in the
> https://launchpad.net/launchpad-project/+active-reviews view (and
> likewise for bugs) then the folk driving the queues to zero will not
> see the Loggerhead tasks.

Done

>  - The Launchpad team will maintain the project - we'll drive bug
> triage and code review in the same way we do for all the other
> components we are custodians of. Michael Hudson was previously a
> maintainer in his role as part of the Launchpad Code team.

Done

>  - The Launchpad team will get commit access (but subject to their
> normal peer review rules)

Done

>  - As we do for other projects, we'll do releases off of trunk, and
> use releases in Launchpad, rather than essentially running a fork.
>  - To enable this, we're going to put the work on trunk which isn't
> yet deployable in Launchpad into a new 'future' branch, and reset
> trunk back to 1.18

Done.

One new quirk - the annoying DENIED mails when submitting a merge is
caused by loggerhead-team including launchpad which has a private-list
as its contact address; I'm going to make a separate team
loggerhead-review-team, and add all the folk from loggerhead-team,
substituting launchpad for canonical-launchpad-reviewers.

-Rob