MemoryError in 2.2.0 in odd case: Can I reduce memory requirements?

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Fri Jan 21 19:58:00 UTC 2011

On 14 January 2011 22:51, Doug Lee <dgl at dlee.org> wrote:
> I believe this means I have a repository that can't work in less than
> 512 meg of physical memory, which is quite a requirement.

Since they now sell phones with more than that 512MB memory I don't
know if it's really a lot anymore.  But it certainly is an annoying
situation if that's what the machine you have has.

> Further advice welcome and sorry for the length of this thread.

We still have some things where the memory usage grows with the size
of the last file: I think that we no longer have anything that scales
with the pack size or the total tree size.  (Or maybe some network
stream operations are still in that class.)

The main thing I would suggest is getting to the tip of bzr and bzr-svn.

You could try adding more swap space; it will be slow but it may complete.

--
Martin