BitBucket equivalent for private Bazaar repos/projects

Philippe Lhoste PhiLho at GMX.net
Fri Jan 21 09:11:23 UTC 2011

On 21/01/2011 09:12, Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> I can say only that my understanding about Launchpad that Launchpad is the hub for
> open-source projects and Ubuntu as major user. So I'm not surprised there is no visible
> support for private closed-source projects.

Is the page I linked to out of date? (It have been updated in the middle of the last year.)
Or did I misunderstood its content?
I went to it with something like two clicks from the Launchpad home page, so it isn't
really hidden.

On 20/01/2011 22:05, Martin Pool wrote:
 > I think Launchpad should offer free hosting for small private projects
 > too.  We'll see if that can be done.

Now, that's interesting. I find the price given on the FAQ #208 page a bit high, correct
for large private projects, but high for small projects.

I favor open source, of course, but I can understand some people just want to work on
closed source freewares (I use a number of them (Windows) regularly and appreciate them,
for example the excellent BabelMap), or sometime I work on some private plug-in (for Zen
Cart for example) that I would prefer to keep non open (eg. it might content some sensible
information, like e-mails, passwords in config files, or similar).

I wouldn't mind limitations on such free hosting, from size to bandwidth limitation, as I
expect low volume anyway.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France