Launchpad bzr integration error

Eric Siegerman lists08-bzr at davor.org
Wed Jan 19 11:22:52 UTC 2011

+ssh://mlscmahe@bazaar.launchpad.net/~mlscmahe/mlsc/devel
> ssh: connect to host bazaar.launchpad.net port 22: Connection timed
out

Your firewall might indeed be blocking outbound SSH connections.
If you're using your own computer, make sure that any firewall
software it's running is configured to allow you to initiate TCP
connections to port 22 of remote computers.  The same applies to
any external routers or firewalls that are under your control.

The converse, receiving connections from the outside world to
port 22 on your computer, is *not* necessary for purposes of
using Launchpad, and so for safety, that should remain forbidden
-- unless, of course, you need to allow it for other, unrelated
reasons.)

If, on the other hand, it's your school's or employer's firewall
that's blocking outbound SSH connections, there's not much you
can do except find a different place to connect from (at home,
for example, or a WiFi hotspot).  The only alternative
would be to have your system administrators change their firewall
configuration, but that is ... well, I won't say impossible,
because I don't know your situation, but it's usually very
difficult to convince sysadmins to loosen their security policy!

  - Eric