Error when updating to 2.2.2 on Maverick

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Dec 2 04:20:24 GMT 2010

On 2 December 2010 15:09, Maritza Mendez <martitzam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.  The UPdate Manager in Maverick just offered the 2.2.2 update for from
> the ppa.  I accepted the update, and got the following error:
>
> Setting up bzr (2.2.2-0~bazaar1~maverick1) ...
> pycentral: pycentral pkginstall: Not overwriting local files:
>    dpkg: /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/bzrlib/tests/ssl_certs/ca.crt not
> found.
> pycentral pkginstall: Not overwriting local files:
>    dpkg: /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/bzrlib/tests/ssl_certs/ca.crt not
> found.

Hi Maritza, (nice to see you posting again),

I just upgraded to this and didn't hit the same problem.  I suggest
you file a bug, using `ubuntu-bug bzr` pasting the traceback.

It looks to me like somehow
/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/bzrlib/tests/ssl_certs/ca.crt was
thought to be installed by a previous version (?) and wasn't there.
(That doesn't explain the "not overwriting local files" though.)  Does
that file exist?

What does `debsums -c bzr` show?  (You might need to install debsums.)

--
Martin