bzr commit gives: bzr: ERROR: Bad message

Matt Funk mafunk at nmsu.edu
Thu Nov 4 21:06:40 GMT 2010

Hi,

i am running a repository on a windows server 2008 r2 with freesshd as a
sftp server.
I did a checkout to a local machine, made some changes, and then tried
to recommit back to the server.
During the commit i turned off the sftp server since i needed to make
some changes to it forgetting that i was in the middle of the commit phase.
I then tried to issue the command again. After prompting me for the
password i get:
bzr: ERROR: Bad message

Does anyone know what i can do to fix this issue?
I am using version 2.2.0 on both machines.

thanks
matt