Supporting configuration files in ~/.config/bazaar?

jbowtie at amathaine.com jbowtie at amathaine.com
Tue Nov 2 21:02:50 GMT 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 12:22 AM, Max Bowsher <maxb at f2s.com> wrote:

> What's the payoff from moving this directory to justify all the work,
> and Bazaar users worldwide needing to retrain their fingers?

Well, users on other platforms or running multiple versions already
have to type other paths anyway. Documentation should always refer to
BZR_HOME anyways so long as Bazaar is cross-platform. We're just
setting a new default value for BZR_HOME; hopefully the release notes
will remind to explicitly set it if you want to continue to use the
old location.

The payoff is that all the admin tools people use will now work
correctly with Bazaar since it follows XDG standards - things like
user migrations, backups, and provisioning new accounts will be a bit
more seamless.