Bazaar Daily Builds

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Tue Nov 2 07:46:40 GMT 2010

<snip/>
    >> I wanted to try that for a while myself :)
    > Great to hear I'm not the only one. :-)

:-)

<snip/>

    > Source package recipes don't work for natty yet (missing chroot),
    > but I hope to add natty in the near future. I haven't looked at
    > older releases of Ubuntu simply because I wanted to see how well
    > things worked for the moment and adding another target series
    > doubles the workload for the build machines (they simply have
    > twice as much packages to build).

Yeah, let's add them cautiously driven by demand and when we're happy
with the stability of the PPA.

<snip/>

    >> So this requires write access to these branches right ?

    > Yeah. Although, since we merge in two packaging branches (a Debian
    > branch and a branch that currently just changes the source format)
    > fixes could be added to either. Of course, they should eventually
    > end up in the Debian branch so that we can build correct Debian
    > packages.

Excellent, that means more people can contribute then.

    >> > There were a couple of bugs that I ran into that I've filed
    >> > reports for, but overall it's working quite well.
    >> Can you post the URLs or even better tag the bugs with 'packaging' may be
    > They were bugs in launchpad-code/soyuz, rather than the bzr projects.
    > These bugs are not necessarily all reported by me but should have the
    > tag "recipe".

Ok.

<snip/>

    > Not everywhere, but this is something that is on my todo list. Debian
    > policy 4.9.1 says that if "nocheck" appears in the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS
    > environment variable that we should not run the build-time testsuite and
    > I infer from that that we should run it in all other cases. It still is
    > pretty hard to run only the testsuite for a particular plugin because of
    > the adapters etc we have (we can run of course run everything in that
    > plugins' namespace though, using BZR_PLUGINS_AT).

I'd be fine with running only -s bp.<plugin> to start with (being fully
aware that this could be incomplete and/or irrelevant for some plugins).

<snip/>

    >> So, +1 from me, with my RM hat, for transferring to ~bzr but I'd like to
    >> hear from potential subscribers too and also from Max (who may or not
    >> become a subscriber ;).
    > Cool. I'll wait for some more responses then before possibly
    > transferring these.

+1 on that too ;)

   Vincent