$HOME/.bazaar/plugins Path Not Used by Default

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 16:34:04 BST 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 10:21, John Arbash Meinel
<john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> On 10/15/2010 10:14 AM, Tom Browder wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 09:25, John Arbash Meinel
>> <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> We intentionally had BZR_PLUGIN_PATH have a way to *exclude* personal
> plugins, in case you want to try something. I don't see it being
> particularly hard to add some sort of:
>
>  BZR_PLUGIN_PATH="/system/wide/plugins:$HOME/.bazaar/plugins"

I can't argue with that, but it needs to be advertised.  I'm happy to
attempt some doc patches and will attempt same soon.

> Our actual policy is that user specific plugins take precedence to
> system-wide plugins. Why do you feel that order should be reversed?
> (IMO, the closer you are to the user, the more control you should have...)

I guess it depends on what the plugins are.  In my limited bzr
experience it looks like some plugins are core-quality and thus should
not normally be over-ridden by the user inserting plugins in front of
them

Thanks, John.

-Tom