Master Branch Rename

Eric Siegerman lists08-bzr at davor.org
Thu Oct 14 21:06:50 BST 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 07:37 -0500, Tom Browder wrote:
> But is that harmful since the parent branch no longer exists due to
> the rename?  Should I reverse all actions and do something else?

Not harmful.  The "parent" link points to the default source
branch for "bzr pull" and "bzr merge" (and maybe others?); but
it's not essential to basic operation the way, say, the "checkout
of branch foo" link is.

You can fix it either by doing "bzr pull --remember" from the
parent branch's new location, or by directly editing
.bzr/branch/branch.conf.  Of course, the former will have what,
in this context, is the the side effect of pulling revisions :-)
That might or might not be appropriate at the moment.

  - Eric