Default push, public and submit locations for branches?

Nicholas Allen nick.allen at onlinehome.de
Fri Oct 1 10:23:37 BST 2010

Hi,

I was wondering if there's a way to define default push, public, and
submit locations for any branches that are created inside a shared
repository. The idea would be that when a branch is created under the
shared repository instead of not having these locations defined they
would be set to some sensible default. This is useful when you have a
local repository and the branches inside it are usually stored on a main
central server as well.

A shared repository could have configuration settings like this:

default_push_location=bzr://user@host/path/${branch}
default_submit_location=bzr://user@host/path/trunk
default_public_location=bzr://user@host/path/${branch}

Then when I make a branch called "my-branch" inside that repository
these locations would be set by substituting ${branch} with "my-branch".

Is something like this possible? If not I think it would be a really
nice feature to add...

Cheers,

Nick