Updating from 2.2.0 to 2.2.1 seems to have caused some hassles (using bzr-svn)

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Thu Sep 30 07:39:36 BST 2010

    > Hi Everyone,
    > Just a quick warning that if you are using bzr-svn, updating from 2.2.0 to
    > 2.2.1 may not be as safe as I first hoped.  At least 5 of the devs I work
    > with have found their local repositories now suffer from
    > https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/485601 when attempting to check files
    > into a remote repository running bzr 2.1.1.

What OS are they using ? Is upgrading to 2.2.1 an option ?

I see you mention https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/522637 in the
comments of the bug above and this sound right. This also means that the
corresponding fix has landed in 2.1.3 which should be released in the
coming days but whether or not we'll package it or build installers for
it is still unclear. Hence my questions above about OS and upgrades.

    > Note this may not affect "normal" bazaar workflows, as we make
    > heavy use of bzr-svn, and most of our synchronization happens via
    > an svn trunk, rather than peer-to-peer bazaar sync'ing.

    > I don't really know why these have been affected in this way, and
    > am not really sure how to debug it... so please just consider this
    > email a timely reminder to ensure things are backed up prior to
    > upgrading :)

Or that all the members of a project affected by these bugs upgrade to
versions where this bug is fixed.

    > (For those who are interested, not data was lost as the remote
    > repository contained all required data... it is just an
    > inconvenience to have to spend 30+mins rebuilding the repos again
    > for each dev)

Apologies for that :-/

          Vincent