Bazaar and Visual Studio

Philip Peitsch philip.peitsch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 01:50:49 BST 2010

Just to clarify a little, lack of IDE integration isn't quite the same as
lack of GUI.  Bazaar actually has rather good guis for commits, updates,
diffs etc., and integration options for external merge/diff tools.  All the
gui variants of bazaar are prefixed with q... for example, qcommit, qupdate,
qdiff, qlog etc. (bzr help commands will show all available commands)

I am interested as to what IDE integrations are required by your devs that
isn't offered by bzr explorer, or has been proven to be more difficult on
the command line?  The cry for IDE integration seems to happen quite
frequently, but in my experience, unless the IDE integration focuses on the
right thing, it can be quite useless.

Also, you might be interested in the Eclipse Bazaar plugin:
http://wiki.bazaar.canonical.com/BzrEclipse

--
Philip Peitsch
Mob: 0439 810 260