Launchpad svn/git imports failure causes

Martin (gzlist) gzlist at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 10 19:32:50 BST 2010

On 10/09/2010, Eric Siegerman <lists08-bzr at davor.org> wrote:

> But on rereading, I think it's directed to projects that *use*
> Bazaar: "If you want folks to be able to check out your project
> on Windows, don't check in any symlinks."  (Or, I might add, files
> with backslashes in their names.)
>
> Which did you intend?

Sorry, yes that was unclear. Your rereading was what I trying to say.
And also the fact that this message doesn't actually work, so we have
bugs against other projects like the one linked where the guy never
did manage to get the source, and just gave up. That's why I think
this is a Bazaar problem, as even though there are downstream
solutions like "don't check in symlinks" or "use cygwin" they don't
actually result in happy users.

Martin