integration with bug trackers

Max Bowsher maxb at f2s.com
Thu Sep 2 16:00:34 BST 2010

On 02/09/10 14:14, Brendan Simon (eTRIX) wrote:
>  I note the integration with bug trackers with 'bzr commit --fixes
> <tracker>:<id>'.
>
> This is great, but I was wondering if there is the capability of
> creating a new bug in the tracker if <id> is set to some special value
> (e.g. 'new').  The bug entry would have some set of default values set
> in some config or could be overridden on the command line.  The commit
> message would be set as a comment.  The user can then modify the bug
> entry with finer details.
>
> This feature would be handy when a bug is discovered and fixed while
> developing other code (features or bug fixes).

Bazaar would need to call out to the tracker to create the bug, in order
to get the final identifier, *before* it could complete the commit.

Given that it's not very friendly to the other users of the bug tracker
to create empty placeholder bugs (likely causing useless notification
emails) and then fill them in later, the best solution seems for people
to go and file the appropriate bugs, *then* bzr commit --fixes foo:id.

Max.