Bazaar Explorer and GTK (was: [ANNOUNCE] bzr-gtk 0.99.0)

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Sat Aug 14 02:48:18 BST 2010

Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> writes:

> Initially that was true. I'm not sure whether it's still the case and
> would also doubt that anybody is actually using that particular
> combination. QBzr is well ahead of bzr-gtk these days.
>
> The main thing bzr-gtk provides that QBzr doesn't as far as I'm aware
> is tighter integration into the GNOME desktop and a native toolkit.
> Neither of these is an advantage when using bzr-gtk inside of
> bzr-explorer.

Yes, those advantages are what I'm seeking. I like what I read about
Bazaar Explorer, but I would much prefer it to be well-integrated with
the GNOME desktop and use native GTK widgets.

Would the developers of Bazaar Explorer please comment on this aspect?
Was it ever the case that it provided the above advantages? How far has
it diverged since then?

--
 \       “Free thought is a necessary, but not a sufficient, condition |
  `\                                       for democracy.” —Carl Sagan |