[ANNOUNCE] bzr-gtk 0.99.0

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Fri Aug 13 23:38:07 BST 2010

On Sat, 2010-08-14 at 08:31 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> writes:
> > We've just released bzr-gtk 0.99.0, a minor release that fixes a couple
> > of bugs and marks bzr-gtk as compatible with the latest stable Bazaar
> > release, 2.2. It also spins off Olive into its own project once more,
> > making the relation between bzr-gtk and Olive similar to that of qbzr
> > and bzr-explorer.
>
> I thought Bazaar Explorer is capable of using GTK as a first-class
> widget set, isn't that right? Does it use ‘bzr-gtk’ for that?
Initially that was true. I'm not sure whether it's still the case and
would also doubt that anybody is actually using that particular
combination. QBzr is well ahead of bzr-gtk these days.

The main thing bzr-gtk provides that QBzr doesn't as far as I'm aware is
tighter integration into the GNOME desktop and a native toolkit. Neither
of these is an advantage when using bzr-gtk inside of bzr-explorer.

Cheers,

Jelmer