bzr ppa updates

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Jul 1 08:53:32 BST 2010

On 30 June 2010 19:45, Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> wrote:
> On 30 June 2010 18:25, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at canonical.com> wrote:
>> In the Debian packages we've patched bzr to not include configobj and
>> rely on the system provided python-configobj. See
>> for details.
>
> Right, this is very reasonable in Debian, but we need to reverse that
> for Dapper, or separately backport python-configobj.

On the whole adding a python-configobj package to the ppa seems cleaner.

I had a look at backporting configobj from hardy to dapper and was,
for the moment, defeated by its dependencies on later versions of many
packages such as debhelper and python-support.  It seems like one
would almost need to repackage it for dapper.  I think I'll leave it
for now but perhaps tomorrow I'll try again, or otherwise resurrect
bzr's own copy of configobj.

--
Martin