Python 3

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Jun 30 23:55:38 BST 2010

On 1 July 2010 07:49, Max Kanat-Alexander <mkanat at bugzilla.org> wrote:
> On 06/30/2010 02:28 PM, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>> Though if we decided we could drop 2.4 support (and not 2.5) it might
>> work for us.
>
>        Dropping 2.4 support makes the baby sysadmin messiah cry.

This is really not on the cards for the foreseeable future.  There are
clear benefits to supporting 2.4, and only minor benefits at present
to supporting 3 now.  I think supporting 3 would be good but I
certainly wouldn't give up 2.4 to get there.

Perhaps we can send patches to six to make it 2.4 compatible.

--
Martin