Trouble with Launchpad...

Max Kanat-Alexander mkanat at bugzilla.org
Wed Jun 30 14:52:43 BST 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 6:08 PM, John Arbash Meinel
<john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> I *am* slowly working on an annotation cache, which would store
> snapshots of the annotation at various points in time. (So that 'bzr
> annotate' doesn't have to continue to be an O(file_history) operation.)

	That's probably the best long-term solution to the problem.

	In the mean time, I suppose we will want to come up with some way to
get the annotation information asynchronously or show (old) for older
revisions.

>> That's going slow, as I'm working on refactoring some of our code to
>> make it easier to have arbitrary caches of this sort.

	Okay. Are you thinking that it will happen this year, or later? If it's
going to be years before there's an annotation cache, then loggerhead
will have to come up with a more architecturally-sound solution, but if
it's just going to be a few months, then we can just hack in some
workaround for now.

	-Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.