[ANN] Wikkid Wiki 0.1 released

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Thu May 27 06:51:54 BST 2010

Tim,

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 09:05 +1200, Tim Penhey wrote:
> Hi Bazaar people,
>
> I've reached what is the first (of many hopefully) milestone for Wikkid
> Wiki[1].
>
> Wikkid is a Bazaar backed wiki where the underlying page storage is a Bazaar
> branch.

One of the problems for Launchpad, and hence Bazaar, is that projects do
not have a wiki on Launchpad, it has to be somewhere else, ditto the
website -- most projects just have their wiki as their website.
Sourceforge, Tigris, etc. offer colocated wikis making it easy to
provide project documentation directly with the project source and
workflow management.

I know it is trivial to link to other places in Gitorious, BitBucket and
Launchpad, but it is a small little hurdle that is perceived not as a
molehill but as a mountain.   Too often in emails discussing moving from
(CVS|Subversion) to (Bazaar|Mercurial|Git) a question that has a
disproportionate effect on decision making is "Does it support our
wiki?".

If Launchpad were to support wiki material directly with the Bazaar
branch pool I believe this would be a big boost to Bazaar and Launchpad
take up -- at the expense of needing more disc space ;-)

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk