bzr help and less don't seem to play well...

John Szakmeister john at szakmeister.net
Thu May 20 14:05:36 BST 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 9:01 AM, John Szakmeister <john at szakmeister.net> wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 7:28 AM, Francis Devereux <francis at devrx.org> wrote:
> [snip]
>> Glad you've got it working :-)
>>
>> Interestingly, I have LESS=-X (note the "-") in my environment.  Even if I
>> do 'export LESS=X' (without the "-") before 'bzr help revisionspec | less'
>> it still works.
>
> I think I spoke too soon.  It still doesn't work.  Oddly enough, it
> works under Leopard just fine.  Just not on my desktop, which has Snow
> Leopard on it now.  :-/

Hrmph.  So, I figured it must be python related after trying this a
few ways.  So I have a sitecustomize.py that I setup to import the
readline module and to add a path where I dump newer versions of some
packages.  If I comment out the import of readline, it's fine.  I have
the import so that I get some nicer line handling with the
interpreter.  I guess I need to find a way to only import it when
running the interpreter directly though.

Thanks for all the help!

-John