Patch Pilot and the Cloud

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue May 11 16:44:00 BST 2010

On 10 May 2010 22:17, Gary van der Merwe <garyvdm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> wrote:
>> Perhaps we should use wip merge proposals for
>> things that still want mentorship and actually reject mps where the
>> author is going to take responsibility.  Obviously we need to be clear
>> we're not rejecting the whole idea (unless we are).
>
> I think that would open too many opportunities for miss communication.

Another option is to say, if they no longer need review and they need
nontrivial changes, they go back into 'in progress'.  If someone wants
to pick up and continue with the patch (and remember/indicate they're
going to do this) they could assign a bug to themselves.

I want to avoid rescanning the queue or things getting stuck there
indefinitely.  This should let reviewers either review something,
merge it, set it back to wip, or finish it off themselves on the spot.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>