reviews needed, apply within

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Tue Apr 20 08:21:25 BST 2010

On Tue, 2010-04-20 at 16:36 +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
[ . . . ]
> To me the patch pilot experiment showed that biasing towards being a
> bit more zealous in finishing these off is very worthwhile.  One might
> think that it's not a good use of core developer time to work on bugs
> that aren't directly a high priority, but I think it does pay off
> through making contribution more fun and avoiding stalling.
[ . . . ]

Also it acts as a way of supporting ad hoc contributors and so making
the whole community more cohesive and supportive.  Any system focused on
"core developer who do the work" and "everyone else who just makes
suggestions" is going to lead to problems.  Systems where "core
developers" develop and mentor "ad hoc contributors" in an active way,
will end up as far better systems.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk