ZIP files in working tree

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Thu Mar 25 15:44:44 GMT 2010

Jelmer Vernooij, 2010-03-25 16:28:54 +0100 :

[...]

> Would you like "bzr st" to report on the fact that only a single file in
> a zip file has changed?
>
> If so, is there any reason not to just include the contents of that
> file in the working tree rather than using a zip file?

  Well, if the zip file is an Openoffice doc, it's better if Openoffice
can still open it as a zip file (I'm not sure it can handle docs spread
out over their component files).  However, having bzr st tell me that
only the meta.xml file has changed in there, and having bzr diff show
the changes in that sub-file, would be more useful than "foo.odt has
changed, and I won't show you the diff between the two versions of the
binary file".

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Using a big hammer without caution can cause big damage.
  -- PostgreSQL documentation, chapter 42