unable to branch github repo containing submodules

Parth Malwankar parth.malwankar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 12:08:27 GMT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to checkout a github repo that seems to
contain submodules. Is this supported by bzr-git? I get
an error message saying I need to upgrade my repo format.
Should I be doing something differently?

I am using bzr 2.1 and bzr-git 0.4.3 on ubuntu 9.10.

[parrot]% bzr branch git://github.com/fperrad/lua.git lua
- fetching revisions 770/1047
bzr: ERROR: The repository you are fetching from contains submodules.
To continue, upgrade your Bazaar repository to a format that supports
nested trees, such as 'development-subtree'.
[parrot]%

Regards,
Parth