Newbie documentation: Bazaar Merge?

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Fri Mar 19 08:50:34 GMT 2010

Howdy all,

Joel Spolsky, love him or otherwise, has the ear of a huge segment of
the programmer audience. His workplace recently switched to Mercurial,
against his wishes, but now he's a convert. It also helps that they're
now selling a Mercurial front-end and hosting service.

He wrote a tutorial document to help Subversion curmudgeons like himself
make the switch <URL:http://hginit.com/>, but the difficulties and new
concepts it covers are clearly applicable to help such users switch to
Bazaar as well.

The closest I can think of that we have are the “survival guide” and
“five minutes” documents. These are great, truly; but they differ
significantly from the above tutorial.

How important is this for Bazaar? How worthwhile would it be coming up
with an equivalent document targeting the switch to Bazaar? (Perhaps
called “Bazaar Merge”, simultaneously hinting at Bazaar's strengths.)

Whom do we have that could publicise such a document that would match
the reach of a Joel Spolsky?

--
 \          “Ocean, n. A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a |
  `\     world made for man — who has no gills.” —Ambrose Bierce, _The |