Upgrade to Bazaar 2.1.x on Windows

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Mar 12 11:43:46 GMT 2010

Eli Zaretskii пишет:
> I see that there's a stable release of Bazaar 2.1.0.  However, given
> this portion of 2.1.1's Release Notes:
>
>   . Fix plugin packaging on Windows. (Ian Clatworthy, #524162)
>
> I wonder whether I should upgrade now or wait for 2.1.1 to be
> released.  Can someone please advise whether upgrading to 2.1.0 on
> Windows could cause trouble with plugins, and if so, which trouble is
> that?

There is 2 problems in 2.1.0-1 installer:

1) Bazaar Explorer plugin packaged there missed some files and therefore
has some visual problems in the run-time. (as workaround you can install
Bazaar Explorer from its own installer on top of packaged one).

2) New merge_news plugin is not packaged at all. This plugin is mostly
required for bzr developers itself, and can be used as example of custom
  per-file merge algorithm. (I don't think its absence is critical problem).

Both these problems were solved in 2.1.0-2 installer. But now there is
introduced new one:

3) bzr-svn plugin is broken due absence of pysqlite library in the
installer.

So it makes sense to either wait 2.1.1, or (in my opinion of course) to
install 2.1.0-1 and then install Bazaar Explorer separately (if needed).

HTH