Creating branches via bzr+http?

John Szakmeister john at szakmeister.net
Wed Mar 10 18:41:06 GMT 2010

So I spent some time getting a test server up and running with the
smart server being served up via Apache.  I'm very happy on that
front... it all appears to be working very well.  However, I've
another issue.  Fols can't create branches via bzr+http.  I get the
following when I try:
   bzr: ERROR: Transport operation not possible: http does not support mkdir()

I'm really opposed to trying to set all of this up via ssh and sftp.
Do I have any other choices?  Is there a technical reason this can't
be done, or is it that you simply didn't need it because of how
Launchpad works?

TIA!

-John