Fixing rebase rather than avoiding it

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Mar 4 19:17:17 GMT 2010

> So I don't really see an excuse for *Bazaar* being religious about
> rebasing or preserving absolutely all history.  Given its mission of

Agreed.  The user should be able to rebase and throw away history.
The problem is that currently the user can only make this choice and not
the choice of rebasing while preserving history.

> flexibly supporting various workflows without external scripts and
> other muss 'n' fuss, I think it should support rebasing (and in
> general history manipulations) well.

Exactly.  Supporting rebasing well means that it should *also* support
rebasing without loss of history.

        Stefan