Dulwich on Launchpad

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Mar 3 08:33:12 GMT 2010

On 3 March 2010 19:24, Russel Winder <russel.winder at concertant.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 19:10 +1100, Martin Pool wrote:
>> On 3 March 2010 19:10, Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> wrote:
>> > On 3 March 2010 18:41, Russel Winder <russel.winder at concertant.com> wrote:
>> > I would file it against mmap in Ubuntu in the first instance.  It can
>> > always be redirected.
>>
>> Sorry, tdb.
>
> The Launchpad page for TDB just says "Does not use Launchpad for
> development" and on the bugs page "Trivial Database does not use
> Launchpad for bug tracking." though there is an "Enable bug tracking."
> button I guess I should go to the Samba page and not use Launchpad?  Or
> should I actually press the "Enable" button -- though won't that just
> lead to a build up of ignored bug reports.

No, I actually meant
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tdb/+filebug> which is the
tdb package in Ubuntu, as opposed to upstream.

A bug in the tdb upstream tracker, if there is one, would also be fine.

> Sorry to be stupid on this one.

np, Launchpad's distinction between "tdb upstream" and "tdb in Ubuntu"
while very cool is not very discoverable.

My main point is that there is little point in saying "I wish
Canonical would fix it" unless you can point to a clear description of
just what "it" is.   Thanks for being willing to start describing it.

istm that from what's been said, tdb should perhaps disable mmap mode
in your situation or something; I think there is code for that.  But
let's have that conversation on a bug, not here, as it seems that
bzr-svn is only a victim of a bug somewhere else.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>