plugins vs builtins

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Mar 3 06:44:08 GMT 2010

Oh, one other point:

* Code review: a bit of a double edged implement.  Some times in the
past our reviews have been too slow or more picky than was useful.  On
the other hand I often find them helpful, and I think we are now doing
better at being both prompt and fluent (but probably could improve
still more).

Therefore: if people are keeping things in plugins because merging to
core looks too hard, we should fix that.  On the other hand if people
want a way to get reviews for plugin code, as Parth did, we should
accommodate them too.  We could do that by subscribing for proposals
on the plugin branches, including a review starting from null.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>