Bazaar still below the radar when evaluating VCS tools

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Fri Feb 26 21:27:09 GMT 2010

Paul Moore, 2010-02-26 20:36:46 +0000 :

> On 26 February 2010 20:12, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
>>> I'm curious to know if there are good reasons for the difference (that
>>> "40811 revisions" vs "5504 changesets with 25490 changes" is
>>> suspicious, and I guess Launchpad may still be on an old repo format)
>>
>> ^- Changesets vs revisions is pretty close to the same thing. So
>> Mercurial has 1/8th the history that the Bazaar branch has. Why? I don't
>> know, but that is certainly significant.
>
> I thought that might be how to interpret it. So that quite probably
> explains the time difference.
>
> The big problem is that for obvious reasons, there's no significantly
> sized project with relatively official repositories in more than one
> DVCS format - so comparing like with like is extremely difficult.

I'm not sure if that counts as significant, but FusionForge, while
keeping SVN as a pivot format, has Bazaar and Git gateways, see
https://fusionforge.org/plugins/mediawiki/wiki/fusionforge/index.php/Installing/SourceCode

  Feel free to mirror and/or do proper benchmarks on that — I'd love to
know the results :-)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

  ()    Campagne du ruban ASCII :
  /\    Contre les mails en HTML et les vcard !