Bazaar still below the radar when evaluating VCS tools

James Mansion james at mansionfamily.plus.com
Fri Feb 26 21:22:48 GMT 2010

Paul Moore wrote:
> The big problem is that for obvious reasons, there's no significantly
> sized project with relatively official repositories in more than one
> DVCS format - so comparing like with like is extremely difficult.

Isn't it the case that most of them can import from SVN with some fidelity
though?

I dare say you'd want to convert down to native local LAN repositories
anyway.

If you care about commercial deployments the performance on LAN is
probably as useful as that on WAN, most teams aren't that large and have
'pools' of developers.

Having tried hg-eclipse vs bzr-eclipse, I'd say that performance isn't
really
the big deal anyway. :-(