Bazaar still below the radar when evaluating VCS tools

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Thu Feb 25 07:48:02 GMT 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 12:16:26PM +1100 I heard the voice of
Andrew Bennetts, and lo! it spake thus:

> I'm going to guess though: I think Stephen might be saying that none
> of the systems automatically capture a 'mv foo bar' done in their
> working trees, when ideally they would.

I read it more as meaning that whatever was captured at commit time is
IT.  There's no way to go back later and say "Oh, this was actually a
move".  Whereas git sorta can, insofar as it never records a decision
and decides on the fly when it needs to (and can thus have its rules
for how to decide changed at any time).

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net