bzr 2.1 retrospective

Gordon Tyler gordon at doxxx.net
Mon Feb 22 15:39:46 GMT 2010

On 22/02/2010 1:41 AM, Martin Pool wrote:
> So one thing we could do is just say "please deprecate things that
> were in the previous release rather than just removing them, if
> possible."  But perhaps someone has a better idea.

Take for example my recent mistake with the removal of
bzrlib.commands.shlex_split_unicode in bzr.dev when I implemented the
bzrlib.cmdline module. How would you suggest I should have deprecated
that function?

I know how to do it in Java: add "@deprecated blah blah use this other
method instead" in the Javadoc. But I don't actually know if there is a
proper way of doing it in Python / bzrlib.

Ciao,
Gordon