bzr 2.1 retrospective

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Mon Feb 22 10:15:40 GMT 2010

> So one thing we could do is just say "please deprecate things that
> were in the previous release rather than just removing them, if
> possible."  But perhaps someone has a better idea.

I think we should aim again for a balance between giving deprecation
warnings where it's feasible, but not letting this block or add an
unreasonable cost to cleaning things up.

I'd like to get at least a few core plugins with:

* test suites that regularly pass against bzr tip
* tested in Babune
* with branches to which all core devs can commit fixes, so that if
they do see a failure they don't always just disable the test and
leave it for the plugin maintainer

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>