Bazaar still below the radar when evaluating VCS tools

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Mon Feb 22 05:04:43 GMT 2010

On 22 February 2010 14:56, Maritza Mendez <martitzam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ali...you explained something I have been trying to describe myself.
> LP (like sourceforge and googlecode) feels very provincial (maybe
> wrong word) and project-y.

Perhaps another stab at it is that Launchpad is very formal, almost
corporate: you must make a project and explain a bunch of things about
it, make some teams, appoint drivers and release managers, etc.  If
you want to do things that way that's great; if you want to push your
first new project it may be a bit intimidating; even for your nth
project there is a certain amount of unnecessary ritual.

However, the Launchpad project is becoming more fluid and less
corporate, and perhaps the UI will too... for example
https://lists.launchpad.net/launchpad-dev/msg02661.html

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>